[ locale string ]
The Rapha Roller Race: Culture Clash II
Saturday 17th November 2007
Roller race record falls. It was an amazing night of roller racing and music on Saturday in central London. The courier team came from behind to win the competition, with sometime Rapha model and messenger Seb winning in great style. The long standing Rollapaluza record fell to Simon Jackson with a time of 19.80.
The record was in fact beaten four times as the night progressed as roller techniques were perfected and muscles loosened up.
The night commenced with guests and competitors greeted with a red carpet entrance at the Classic Car Club, where Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Aston Martins and many other beautiful vehicles were on display. The atmosphere was completed with the staging of the racing duels in a boxing ring and live music performed by upcoming band Cyclones.
Culture Clash II saw teams representing London couriers, media folk, cycling journalists and mystery Dutch riders, all climbing into the ring to raise funds for Leuka. When the racing truly got underway in the knockout rounds, the crowd responded: the atmosphere highly charged with spectators cheering in support of their favourite teams and riders.
London’s male courier team (placing last at the previous event) bagged a convincing victory in an all courier final. Emma Cairns, from the media team, won the girls’ competition in equally convincing manner and sealed the overall victory for the Fireflies over the courier ladies.
Another wonderful night of roller racing in collaboration with Rollapaluza is on the cards for February 2008. More teams and the chance for anyone to test their skills on the rollers. Details to follow.
images by Mark Denton
See more details about roller racing at:
Rolling the Night Away
Culture Clash Roller Race - The Rollers Return!
Cycling Weakly - Journalists sand-bag the Rapha Roller Race
Is roller racing the next big thing in competitive pedalling?
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb