We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Rapha Continental Summer Season
These are the faces of the Rapha Continental. Each Tuesday from now through the end of the Summer you will see stories, photos, and musings from these characters. There have been some changes afoot over on the Continental end of the website. With the addition of new riders — James Selman, Joe Staples and Carey S-H (our first female rider) — there has also been an influx of new content. Their bicycles, Beloved, Moots and Signal, respectively, are chance enough to celebrate their addition to the team.
However, when the time came to add their bios we put it to the rest of the crew as well. Each and every rider biography has been updated. And along with the questionnaire that you see, there is also a drawing of each of them next to their profile. Pete Rubijono started doing these drawings a couple of years ago while we were traveling around the East Coast riding Continental Rides and Racing Cyclocross. Last summer, when East met West teams he got the opportunity to meet an fill in the gaps where they existed. Each of his drawings are placed to the right of the team bios.
The bio pages have become a useful tool as well. Directly above the drawings you will find specific details for each of the riders. When people are unable to make it in to one of our retail locations, this is where we point them. Each of the Contintental riders height, weight, and associated clothing sizes has been put into this chart. Along with a few snippits and quotes as to what their favorite pieces may be.
The plan, as it stands, is to update the Blog with Continental Road Journal happenings on a weekly basis. This next week will see the start of the Ride the Rockies tour through Colorado. And this Thursday, June 10th we should see a short film and photos from The Tour of the Unknown Coast. For the full schedule, see the Summer Season details. There will be some assistance from these riders in terms of content on the blog as the summer progresses. It is our hope that their particular take on what it means to be a part of the Rapha Continental will shine through their voices.
13th - Joe Staples
20th - Kansas Waugh
27th - Sam Richardson
3rd - Piers North
10th - Ben Lieberson
31st - Tony Pereira
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX