We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Rapha Continental Summer Season
These are the faces of the Rapha Continental. Each Tuesday from now through the end of the Summer you will see stories, photos, and musings from these characters. There have been some changes afoot over on the Continental end of the website. With the addition of new riders — James Selman, Joe Staples and Carey S-H (our first female rider) — there has also been an influx of new content. Their bicycles, Beloved, Moots and Signal, respectively, are chance enough to celebrate their addition to the team.
However, when the time came to add their bios we put it to the rest of the crew as well. Each and every rider biography has been updated. And along with the questionnaire that you see, there is also a drawing of each of them next to their profile. Pete Rubijono started doing these drawings a couple of years ago while we were traveling around the East Coast riding Continental Rides and Racing Cyclocross. Last summer, when East met West teams he got the opportunity to meet an fill in the gaps where they existed. Each of his drawings are placed to the right of the team bios.
The bio pages have become a useful tool as well. Directly above the drawings you will find specific details for each of the riders. When people are unable to make it in to one of our retail locations, this is where we point them. Each of the Contintental riders height, weight, and associated clothing sizes has been put into this chart. Along with a few snippits and quotes as to what their favorite pieces may be.
The plan, as it stands, is to update the Blog with Continental Road Journal happenings on a weekly basis. This next week will see the start of the Ride the Rockies tour through Colorado. And this Thursday, June 10th we should see a short film and photos from The Tour of the Unknown Coast. For the full schedule, see the Summer Season details. There will be some assistance from these riders in terms of content on the blog as the summer progresses. It is our hope that their particular take on what it means to be a part of the Rapha Continental will shine through their voices.
13th - Joe Staples
20th - Kansas Waugh
27th - Sam Richardson
3rd - Piers North
10th - Ben Lieberson
31st - Tony Pereira
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX