We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Old Lady
No, that's not a derogatory term for Bernard Hinault, although he did win La Doyenne twice. The 'Old Lady', Liège-Bastogne-Liège, is the oldest Classic in cycle racing and, presumably, when you've completed all 260km of this tough Monument, you probably feel like an elderly lady.
First held in 1894, the race takes place in the rolling, forested Ardennes region of southern Belgium, the same area where the Flèche Wallonne is ridden. Until recently Liège-Bastogne-Liège took place on the same weekend as the Flèche, which World Champ, Cadel Evans, rode past Contador to win on Wednesday.
Andy Schleck won it last year and the Saxo Bank rider will be keen to bag the top spot again. However, Contador will also be looking to make his mark after failing to poach victory on Wednesday. Oh and someone called Lance Armstrong is also reported to be racing on Sunday.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb