We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Location | Geraardsbergen
Alt. | 92 m
Length | 1.08km
Max. Gradient | 20%
Coordinates | 50.7725°N 3.89°E
The Muur van Geraardsbergen or Kapelmuur (there is, rather fittingly, a chapel at the top) is one of the icons of the Ronde van Vlaanderen, which takes place this Sunday.
As it climbs out of Geraardsbergen, the penultimate berg of the Tour of Flanders ramps up to a brutal 20%, twisting around a grassy knoll heaving with spectators. The first rider to the top of this vicious ascent is usually first to the finish. But who will it be this year? Devolder again? Boonen once more? Or maybe, finally, Fabian Cancellara?
Departs from Bruges at 09:00am GMT Sunday 4th April.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB
- Tejay on the front of the 17 man break that includes more than a few heavies. http://t.co/hJmdvUHLeS