We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Location | Geraardsbergen
Alt. | 92 m
Length | 1.08km
Max. Gradient | 20%
Coordinates | 50.7725°N 3.89°E
The Muur van Geraardsbergen or Kapelmuur (there is, rather fittingly, a chapel at the top) is one of the icons of the Ronde van Vlaanderen, which takes place this Sunday.
As it climbs out of Geraardsbergen, the penultimate berg of the Tour of Flanders ramps up to a brutal 20%, twisting around a grassy knoll heaving with spectators. The first rider to the top of this vicious ascent is usually first to the finish. But who will it be this year? Devolder again? Boonen once more? Or maybe, finally, Fabian Cancellara?
Departs from Bruges at 09:00am GMT Sunday 4th April.
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq