We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Lunch Ride: Otto Miller
Next Wednesday, May 16th, we will once again head up and over Otto Miller, a gravel climb we have come to know and love. Over the course of the last few years it has become a staple of our riding routine. It’s also a ride that falls under an increasingly popular banner – the ‘lunch ride’.
Working in the cycling industry, we’re coming to know these rides all too well. The start time is always the same. Lunchtime. The distance? However far you can travel in your allotted time making sure, of course, you leave enough time to get back. They’re the rides we sneak in when we can, the hour (or two) when we can escape and mash the pedals for as many revolutions as the clock will allow. The level of effort is generally high. It’s about commitment. Committing to make the time and, in some cases, committing to skipping lunch.
The Rapha Mobile Cycle Club has dropped in on a few of these rides in the past few weeks, including one with Specialized. Over the course of the summer, the MCC (affectionately nicknamed Hennie in honor of Hennie Kuiper) will be visiting more. So whether you’re in Chicago or Chattanooga, in Pittsburg or Patterson (New Jersey), take a look at the latest Rapha Mobile Cycle Club schedule (and follow us on Twitter). If you see they may be heading your way, simply send ‘Hennie’ a message to let us know the when and where your regular lunch ride takes place and we’ll do the rest.
That way, you and your co-workers can enjoy an espresso before starting your lunch ride. Hopefully, by the end of the summer, we can collate these into a useful resource for anybody in search of a midday jaunt.
Please e-mail lunch rides to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lunch Ride
Third Wednesday of each month
12:30 depart from Rapha North America office in Portland
Carey Schleicher-Haselhorst - 2010
Interesting facts and landmarks:
The gravel-coated climb first featured on the Rapha Continental’s Dutch Canyon ride.
Beers at a local establishment to be determined.
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling