We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Lunch Ride: Otto Miller
Next Wednesday, May 16th, we will once again head up and over Otto Miller, a gravel climb we have come to know and love. Over the course of the last few years it has become a staple of our riding routine. It’s also a ride that falls under an increasingly popular banner – the ‘lunch ride’.
Working in the cycling industry, we’re coming to know these rides all too well. The start time is always the same. Lunchtime. The distance? However far you can travel in your allotted time making sure, of course, you leave enough time to get back. They’re the rides we sneak in when we can, the hour (or two) when we can escape and mash the pedals for as many revolutions as the clock will allow. The level of effort is generally high. It’s about commitment. Committing to make the time and, in some cases, committing to skipping lunch.
The Rapha Mobile Cycle Club has dropped in on a few of these rides in the past few weeks, including one with Specialized. Over the course of the summer, the MCC (affectionately nicknamed Hennie in honor of Hennie Kuiper) will be visiting more. So whether you’re in Chicago or Chattanooga, in Pittsburg or Patterson (New Jersey), take a look at the latest Rapha Mobile Cycle Club schedule (and follow us on Twitter). If you see they may be heading your way, simply send ‘Hennie’ a message to let us know the when and where your regular lunch ride takes place and we’ll do the rest.
That way, you and your co-workers can enjoy an espresso before starting your lunch ride. Hopefully, by the end of the summer, we can collate these into a useful resource for anybody in search of a midday jaunt.
Please e-mail lunch rides to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lunch Ride
Third Wednesday of each month
12:30 depart from Rapha North America office in Portland
Carey Schleicher-Haselhorst - 2010
Interesting facts and landmarks:
The gravel-coated climb first featured on the Rapha Continental’s Dutch Canyon ride.
Beers at a local establishment to be determined.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN