Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
The Lunch Ride: Otto Miller
Next Wednesday, May 16th, we will once again head up and over Otto Miller, a gravel climb we have come to know and love. Over the course of the last few years it has become a staple of our riding routine. It’s also a ride that falls under an increasingly popular banner – the ‘lunch ride’.
Working in the cycling industry, we’re coming to know these rides all too well. The start time is always the same. Lunchtime. The distance? However far you can travel in your allotted time making sure, of course, you leave enough time to get back. They’re the rides we sneak in when we can, the hour (or two) when we can escape and mash the pedals for as many revolutions as the clock will allow. The level of effort is generally high. It’s about commitment. Committing to make the time and, in some cases, committing to skipping lunch.
The Rapha Mobile Cycle Club has dropped in on a few of these rides in the past few weeks, including one with Specialized. Over the course of the summer, the MCC (affectionately nicknamed Hennie in honor of Hennie Kuiper) will be visiting more. So whether you’re in Chicago or Chattanooga, in Pittsburg or Patterson (New Jersey), take a look at the latest Rapha Mobile Cycle Club schedule (and follow us on Twitter). If you see they may be heading your way, simply send ‘Hennie’ a message to let us know the when and where your regular lunch ride takes place and we’ll do the rest.
That way, you and your co-workers can enjoy an espresso before starting your lunch ride. Hopefully, by the end of the summer, we can collate these into a useful resource for anybody in search of a midday jaunt.
Please e-mail lunch rides to email@example.com
The Lunch Ride
Third Wednesday of each month
12:30 depart from Rapha North America office in Portland
Carey Schleicher-Haselhorst - 2010
Interesting facts and landmarks:
The gravel-coated climb first featured on the Rapha Continental’s Dutch Canyon ride.
Beers at a local establishment to be determined.
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX