We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Lunch Ride: Otto Miller
Next Wednesday, May 16th, we will once again head up and over Otto Miller, a gravel climb we have come to know and love. Over the course of the last few years it has become a staple of our riding routine. It’s also a ride that falls under an increasingly popular banner – the ‘lunch ride’.
Working in the cycling industry, we’re coming to know these rides all too well. The start time is always the same. Lunchtime. The distance? However far you can travel in your allotted time making sure, of course, you leave enough time to get back. They’re the rides we sneak in when we can, the hour (or two) when we can escape and mash the pedals for as many revolutions as the clock will allow. The level of effort is generally high. It’s about commitment. Committing to make the time and, in some cases, committing to skipping lunch.
The Rapha Mobile Cycle Club has dropped in on a few of these rides in the past few weeks, including one with Specialized. Over the course of the summer, the MCC (affectionately nicknamed Hennie in honor of Hennie Kuiper) will be visiting more. So whether you’re in Chicago or Chattanooga, in Pittsburg or Patterson (New Jersey), take a look at the latest Rapha Mobile Cycle Club schedule (and follow us on Twitter). If you see they may be heading your way, simply send ‘Hennie’ a message to let us know the when and where your regular lunch ride takes place and we’ll do the rest.
That way, you and your co-workers can enjoy an espresso before starting your lunch ride. Hopefully, by the end of the summer, we can collate these into a useful resource for anybody in search of a midday jaunt.
Please e-mail lunch rides to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lunch Ride
Third Wednesday of each month
12:30 depart from Rapha North America office in Portland
Carey Schleicher-Haselhorst - 2010
Interesting facts and landmarks:
The gravel-coated climb first featured on the Rapha Continental’s Dutch Canyon ride.
Beers at a local establishment to be determined.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb