We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Lunch Ride: Otto Miller
Next Wednesday, May 16th, we will once again head up and over Otto Miller, a gravel climb we have come to know and love. Over the course of the last few years it has become a staple of our riding routine. It’s also a ride that falls under an increasingly popular banner – the ‘lunch ride’.
Working in the cycling industry, we’re coming to know these rides all too well. The start time is always the same. Lunchtime. The distance? However far you can travel in your allotted time making sure, of course, you leave enough time to get back. They’re the rides we sneak in when we can, the hour (or two) when we can escape and mash the pedals for as many revolutions as the clock will allow. The level of effort is generally high. It’s about commitment. Committing to make the time and, in some cases, committing to skipping lunch.
The Rapha Mobile Cycle Club has dropped in on a few of these rides in the past few weeks, including one with Specialized. Over the course of the summer, the MCC (affectionately nicknamed Hennie in honor of Hennie Kuiper) will be visiting more. So whether you’re in Chicago or Chattanooga, in Pittsburg or Patterson (New Jersey), take a look at the latest Rapha Mobile Cycle Club schedule (and follow us on Twitter). If you see they may be heading your way, simply send ‘Hennie’ a message to let us know the when and where your regular lunch ride takes place and we’ll do the rest.
That way, you and your co-workers can enjoy an espresso before starting your lunch ride. Hopefully, by the end of the summer, we can collate these into a useful resource for anybody in search of a midday jaunt.
Please e-mail lunch rides to email@example.com
The Lunch Ride
Third Wednesday of each month
12:30 depart from Rapha North America office in Portland
Carey Schleicher-Haselhorst - 2010
Interesting facts and landmarks:
The gravel-coated climb first featured on the Rapha Continental’s Dutch Canyon ride.
Beers at a local establishment to be determined.
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries