Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
The Chris King Gourmet Century
We had been hearing of the 2012 Chris King Gourmet Century for months before it happened. Jason French, one of the Chefs involved had hitched a ride with us down to this year's NAHBS and was more than hungry to discuss his plans for the event. A few weeks ago the weather could not have been finer to celebrate the combining of good food and great roads in the Pacific Northwest. No matter how you slice it, bake it, or purée it (and put small slices of salmon on top), this event came together to celebrate all that is delicious in the handsome dining hall within the Chris King Factory - complete with factory tours while you wait for your food.
The people behind the scenes at Chris King, with the help of their head Chef, Robert McSpadden, pulled together some of the very best people Portland's elite establishments have to offer. In fact, their explorations with each of these operations read like a Rapha Continental — complete with routes and elevations — for dining enthusiasts. Check out each of the features from the Gourmet Century page including Ned Ludd's Jason French and Chris Diminno of Clyde Common.
Then, from our standpoint, the only thing left to do was meander the well marked course, stopping every so often to munch on some tasty treat that they had laid on for us lucky riders. They even made sure not to forget the post lunch coffee stop, which featured the Rapha Mobile Cycle Club.
It must be remembered that this ride was not a race. Nor, does it need to be one. The fine folks at Chris King have found the perfect way to keep us from sprinting from sign to sign across the countryside. That is, stuff us like foie grois Geese and then roll us out toward the next stop. There were no complaints heard from within the peloton (maybe the odd satisfied belch). Keep a close watch on the Chris King site for the announcement of next year's Gourmet Ride.
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.