We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Broom Wagon Has Landed
Words and Photos by Mike Spriggs
While it doesn't make for a good spy novel title, for us this is nearly as exciting. Over the past few weeks, we have tracked the progress of our Citroën H-Van - the centerpiece of the Rapha Cycle Club space - as it slowly crossed the Atlantic. After landing safely in Bayonne, NJ over the weekend, the van breezed through Customs, and then over the George Washington Bridge and into Manhattan rush hour the other morning.
Our efforts to recruit a mini cyclists' army to help push the H Van into our shopfront were for naught, as the repo/delivery men had a specially-equipped truck that literally deposited the van inside the front of the showroom. A few easy pushes and turns of the steering wheel later, the Citroën found its new home.
We hope you come and check it out, along with everything else that will be going on at the Cycle Club all summer.
Below you will find a few outside links as to what is happening with the Cycle Club:
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB
- Tejay on the front of the 17 man break that includes more than a few heavies. http://t.co/hJmdvUHLeS