[ locale string ]
The Broom Wagon Has Landed
Words and Photos by Mike Spriggs
While it doesn't make for a good spy novel title, for us this is nearly as exciting. Over the past few weeks, we have tracked the progress of our Citroën H-Van - the centerpiece of the Rapha Cycle Club space - as it slowly crossed the Atlantic. After landing safely in Bayonne, NJ over the weekend, the van breezed through Customs, and then over the George Washington Bridge and into Manhattan rush hour the other morning.
Our efforts to recruit a mini cyclists' army to help push the H Van into our shopfront were for naught, as the repo/delivery men had a specially-equipped truck that literally deposited the van inside the front of the showroom. A few easy pushes and turns of the steering wheel later, the Citroën found its new home.
We hope you come and check it out, along with everything else that will be going on at the Cycle Club all summer.
Below you will find a few outside links as to what is happening with the Cycle Club:
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq