We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Broom Wagon Has Landed
Words and Photos by Mike Spriggs
While it doesn't make for a good spy novel title, for us this is nearly as exciting. Over the past few weeks, we have tracked the progress of our Citroën H-Van - the centerpiece of the Rapha Cycle Club space - as it slowly crossed the Atlantic. After landing safely in Bayonne, NJ over the weekend, the van breezed through Customs, and then over the George Washington Bridge and into Manhattan rush hour the other morning.
Our efforts to recruit a mini cyclists' army to help push the H Van into our shopfront were for naught, as the repo/delivery men had a specially-equipped truck that literally deposited the van inside the front of the showroom. A few easy pushes and turns of the steering wheel later, the Citroën found its new home.
We hope you come and check it out, along with everything else that will be going on at the Cycle Club all summer.
Below you will find a few outside links as to what is happening with the Cycle Club:
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG
- Sunday morning race day, church car park scene. @anpostras #ras2013 http://t.co/2E1UlfAxhe
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.