We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Bomber Jacket
The Bomber Jacket, an update to the popular Fixed Jacket comes with a few special features. Re-enforced Cordura shoulders (prevent wear from bags) and a low cut collar to make your casual ride all the more pleasant. "Articulated shoulders" make for leting the jacket sit comfortably and not ride up in the back while cycling.
What this piece does best though is make the crossover from cycling specific clothing to stylish outerwear completely natural. The tiny hole inside the chest pocket allows for seamless iPod use, and one of the best features is a short lanyard that is fastened to the inside of a sweetly discreet zipper pocket on the jackets right arm. The lanyard could hold any key you wish, the one to your u-lock or one to the back gate so you can sneak in unawares from a night at the bar.
I asked Ryan Thomson, better known as Evil Ryan - Rapha Continental Rider, urban citizen of the Northwest what he thought of the jacket. My thinking here was that Ryan would have some insight into the Jackets secrets. Maybe the windproof qualities on the mean streets of Portland, or the appeal in using the Jacket to attract beautiful women to his side? However, his response was somewhat fitting in the short words of a man on the go.
"I'm wearing it right now."
Which is good enough for me.
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX