We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Art of Britain's Bespoke Bicycle
Tuesday evening saw the opening of a new exhibit in our gallery. Entitled ‘Speed, Style & Comfort: The Art of Britain's Bespoke Bicycle”, the show features vintage bikes from the collection of Michael Lebron. With selections from P.T. Stallard, Dawes, Johnny Berry and more, the collection is a beautiful representation of 1930s to 1950s era British racing and touring bikes.
Included in the show is the unique photography of Bijou Le Tord. Ms Le Tord is a French artist who put together an amazing series of photographs - “Going the Distance". For the show, she documented the 2009 Tour de France daily as she witnessed it from her studio in France. Each resulting frame was the culmination of both anticipation and split-second determination, then stylized to reveal the art within the image. They are truly haunting portraits of the glory, suffering, and pageantry of the Tour. We have 10 of her photos for sale.
We also gave over one wall of the gallery to our friends at Flat Vernacular who came up with a stunning damask/bicycle-themed wall covering. It sits behind the Le Tord photos - and alongside the vintage bikes providing the ideal canvas to link the past to the present.
The Rapha Cycle Club NYC closes for good on September 30th. Make sure to get in and check out these unique exhibits before they are gone. See the slide show below for more photos of the bicycles.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.