We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Art of Britain's Bespoke Bicycle
Tuesday evening saw the opening of a new exhibit in our gallery. Entitled ‘Speed, Style & Comfort: The Art of Britain's Bespoke Bicycle”, the show features vintage bikes from the collection of Michael Lebron. With selections from P.T. Stallard, Dawes, Johnny Berry and more, the collection is a beautiful representation of 1930s to 1950s era British racing and touring bikes.
Included in the show is the unique photography of Bijou Le Tord. Ms Le Tord is a French artist who put together an amazing series of photographs - “Going the Distance". For the show, she documented the 2009 Tour de France daily as she witnessed it from her studio in France. Each resulting frame was the culmination of both anticipation and split-second determination, then stylized to reveal the art within the image. They are truly haunting portraits of the glory, suffering, and pageantry of the Tour. We have 10 of her photos for sale.
We also gave over one wall of the gallery to our friends at Flat Vernacular who came up with a stunning damask/bicycle-themed wall covering. It sits behind the Le Tord photos - and alongside the vintage bikes providing the ideal canvas to link the past to the present.
The Rapha Cycle Club NYC closes for good on September 30th. Make sure to get in and check out these unique exhibits before they are gone. See the slide show below for more photos of the bicycles.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.