We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Art of Britain's Bespoke Bicycle
Tuesday evening saw the opening of a new exhibit in our gallery. Entitled ‘Speed, Style & Comfort: The Art of Britain's Bespoke Bicycle”, the show features vintage bikes from the collection of Michael Lebron. With selections from P.T. Stallard, Dawes, Johnny Berry and more, the collection is a beautiful representation of 1930s to 1950s era British racing and touring bikes.
Included in the show is the unique photography of Bijou Le Tord. Ms Le Tord is a French artist who put together an amazing series of photographs - “Going the Distance". For the show, she documented the 2009 Tour de France daily as she witnessed it from her studio in France. Each resulting frame was the culmination of both anticipation and split-second determination, then stylized to reveal the art within the image. They are truly haunting portraits of the glory, suffering, and pageantry of the Tour. We have 10 of her photos for sale.
We also gave over one wall of the gallery to our friends at Flat Vernacular who came up with a stunning damask/bicycle-themed wall covering. It sits behind the Le Tord photos - and alongside the vintage bikes providing the ideal canvas to link the past to the present.
The Rapha Cycle Club NYC closes for good on September 30th. Make sure to get in and check out these unique exhibits before they are gone. See the slide show below for more photos of the bicycles.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.