We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Alice Awards
When the summer months hit here in Portland the bike events start to pick up with a fervor like nothing you have seen before. This weekend could be the official kick off event with the 15th Annual Alice Awards presented by the Bicycle Transportation Alliance of Portland. The event this year is interesting to note for two reasons. One, for the auction in which Ira Ryan has graciously donated his famous frame building skills to leverage one of the packages. One auction winner will receive not only a semi-custom frame, but they will get to test out their new frame alongside our favorite gentlemanly riding group the Rapha Continental.
The other reason this year's Alice Awards is interesting is because Slate Olson, Rapha North America's fearless leader and GM has been nominated for his commitment to cycling. His profile outlines just a few of the ways that Olson gives back to the sport that he so loves. Aside from the cycling contributions listed, Slate was also the creator of the original Gentleman's Race, which took place in the summer of 2008. In addition to that he played a roll in the creation of the branding that is now associated with Lance's shop Mellow Johnny's with Continental Rider James Selman. Even the quickest of glances shows that his commitment to cycling runs deep and this is only amplified by his commitment to making Rapha and the North American operations a success in the cycling community.
Since 1995 the BTA has been committed to assisting the Portland community in their quest for improved cycling conditions in and around the city. This years Alice Awards has more than a few ways that you can help bolster the resources of the BTA. With some great donations from the Portland Cycling Community — like a ride with Ira Ryan and Slate Olson. Hope to see you there.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!