Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
The Alice Awards
When the summer months hit here in Portland the bike events start to pick up with a fervor like nothing you have seen before. This weekend could be the official kick off event with the 15th Annual Alice Awards presented by the Bicycle Transportation Alliance of Portland. The event this year is interesting to note for two reasons. One, for the auction in which Ira Ryan has graciously donated his famous frame building skills to leverage one of the packages. One auction winner will receive not only a semi-custom frame, but they will get to test out their new frame alongside our favorite gentlemanly riding group the Rapha Continental.
The other reason this year's Alice Awards is interesting is because Slate Olson, Rapha North America's fearless leader and GM has been nominated for his commitment to cycling. His profile outlines just a few of the ways that Olson gives back to the sport that he so loves. Aside from the cycling contributions listed, Slate was also the creator of the original Gentleman's Race, which took place in the summer of 2008. In addition to that he played a roll in the creation of the branding that is now associated with Lance's shop Mellow Johnny's with Continental Rider James Selman. Even the quickest of glances shows that his commitment to cycling runs deep and this is only amplified by his commitment to making Rapha and the North American operations a success in the cycling community.
Since 1995 the BTA has been committed to assisting the Portland community in their quest for improved cycling conditions in and around the city. This years Alice Awards has more than a few ways that you can help bolster the resources of the BTA. With some great donations from the Portland Cycling Community — like a ride with Ira Ryan and Slate Olson. Hope to see you there.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC