[ locale string ]
The 2011 National Crit Champion
Graham Briggs confirmed Rapha Condor Sharp’s domination of the UK criterium season by becoming the 2011 National Criterium Champion on Friday. After returning from his honeymoon (watching the Tour de France) Briggs took one of the biggest wins of his career when he rocketed home from the seven-strong break.
“I am delighted to win this. I’ve just got back from my Honeymoon so I knew I was well rested, but it took me a while to come round. When I was first away in the break of six I didn’t feel so good, but then Dean came across alone and I started to feel better. Dean rode a brilliant finale - he set me up perfectly. It was great. Wilko (Ian Wilkinson) started the sprint and I came off him with about 200 metres to go, then I knew it was mine”.
Team manager John Herety commented: “Everyone knew we had the best team here today, and I told the guys before the start we had to ride accordingly. We have the fastest finisher in the race bar none with Ed and when we came into the last seven laps I told the boys to start chasing. It put pressure on the break and caught everyone on the back foot in the bunch. We rode ourselves into a win-win situation and I’m proud of the boys”.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.