We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The 1910 Ride: 9th June 2010
Rolling out at dawn
Celebrating 100 years of cyclists defying the laws of gravity and conquering the mountains, the 1910 Ride took place yesterday in the Pyrenees. Our four intrepid riders set off before day break from Bagneres-de-Luchon and arrived in Bayonne near the Atlantic coast around 8pm CEST. Reports are that it rained non-stop as the quartet repeated the feats of Octave Lapize and the pioneers of the sport who rode this monstrous stage 100 years ago. Incroyable. More coverage soon.
Photos © Pete Drinkell
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC