[ locale string ]
The 1910 Ride: 9th June 2010
Rolling out at dawn
Celebrating 100 years of cyclists defying the laws of gravity and conquering the mountains, the 1910 Ride took place yesterday in the Pyrenees. Our four intrepid riders set off before day break from Bagneres-de-Luchon and arrived in Bayonne near the Atlantic coast around 8pm CEST. Reports are that it rained non-stop as the quartet repeated the feats of Octave Lapize and the pioneers of the sport who rode this monstrous stage 100 years ago. Incroyable. More coverage soon.
Photos © Pete Drinkell
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…