We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Ten x Ten Challenge: Day 8. Ten Legends/Ten Words
We are giving away a Gentleman's cap to whoever can come up with the most worthy 10th and final challenge for Friday. Post your challenges below.
1. Bernard Hinault
Le Blaireau, Dauphiné Libéré, Gitane, Le Patron, La Vie Clare, “As long as I breathe, I attack”
2. Freddy Maertens
World Champion, Sprinter, Shimano, Flandria, Six Days of Antwerp, Nieuwpoort, Paperboy, Big nose
3. Fausto Coppi
Il Campionissimo, Celeste Blue, Bartali, Tour and Giro, Woman in White, Broken Bones, Cima Coppi, Stalk, Pordoi Pass
4. Marco Pantani
Bandana, Gran Premio della Montagna, Il Pirata, Drops, Giro, Mortirolo, Bianchi
5. Eddy Merckx
Cannibal, All-rounder, Molteni, Merckissimo, Big Ted, Hour Record
De Rosa, 525 wins, Milan-San Remo, Baron
6. Roger de Vlaeminck
The Gypsy, Monsieur Paris-Roubaix, Eeklo, The Classics, Cobblestones, Erik, Farmer, Brooklyn
7. Jacques Anquetil
St Raphael, Monsieur Chrono, Maître Jacques, Calm, Icon, Style
Suplesse, Parc des Princes, Bordeaux-Paris, Gallic charm
8. Miguel Indurain
Time-Trial, Big Mig, Five consecutive Tour wins, Oxygen, 28 BPM, Relaxed, World Hour Record, Pyrenees
9. Tommy Simpson
Ventoux, Bowler Hat, Peugeot, Amphetamines, Milan-San Remo, Paris-Nice, Mr. Tom, Nottinghamshire, Draughtsman, Rapha Geminiani
10. Sean Kelly
Mud, Monuments, Kas, Paris-Roubaix, Tough, Tears, World Cup, Vuelta, Eurosport… err… incoherent?
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.