We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Ten x Ten Challenge: Day. 7 Great North Punishment
Essentially we are cheating including this challenge. However, I did run over 10 miles (13.1 miles in fact) in the time of 1 hour 52 minutes. Fairly respectable for someone who has not done much running (or training) since high school. And just like drinking ten espressos this challenge has little to do with road cycling but did test my body and mind. I happily concur that long distance running is a tough sport and whilst I aim to do a marathon next year, I didn't enjoy this in anyway as much as a cyclo-sportive or even a 100km slog in the wind and rain. I congratulate all those people (some dressed as trees, giraffes and chickens) who did it in fancy dress for a good cause. My legs are absolutely shot to pieces today so a triathlon is next, I suppose. Or perhaps I'll just stick with the bicycle.
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX