We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Ten x Ten Challenge: Day 2. Swains Lane of Pain Challenge
Swains Lane in Highgate, North London is a narrow road running between the grounds of Highgate Cemetery, the Victorian burial site where Karl Marx rests. It’s not a long climb (840 metres) but is certainly one of the steepest gradients (about 15%) you can find in the capital. Its location beside this Gothic cemetery with its railed walls, creeping ivy and crumbling tombs and the twisting, narrow ascent makes Swains Lane somewhat eerie. This voluptuous and leafy part of London is also rather affluent so, whilst you attempt repeats up Swains Lane, Highgate West Hill or Hillway (known at Rapha as the ‘Faffenberg’), you will see locals roaring past in big black Range Rovers or trying to keep their yapping Chihuahuas on a leash as they carry organic foodstuffs home for brunch. Today myself and Ben Brown successfully did ten repeats of the bugger in just under 45 mins, perhaps not unprecedented but no walk in the park (or cemetery).
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/TfWWoTG1ge
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…