Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Ten x Ten Challenge: Day 2. Swains Lane of Pain Challenge
Swains Lane in Highgate, North London is a narrow road running between the grounds of Highgate Cemetery, the Victorian burial site where Karl Marx rests. It’s not a long climb (840 metres) but is certainly one of the steepest gradients (about 15%) you can find in the capital. Its location beside this Gothic cemetery with its railed walls, creeping ivy and crumbling tombs and the twisting, narrow ascent makes Swains Lane somewhat eerie. This voluptuous and leafy part of London is also rather affluent so, whilst you attempt repeats up Swains Lane, Highgate West Hill or Hillway (known at Rapha as the ‘Faffenberg’), you will see locals roaring past in big black Range Rovers or trying to keep their yapping Chihuahuas on a leash as they carry organic foodstuffs home for brunch. Today myself and Ben Brown successfully did ten repeats of the bugger in just under 45 mins, perhaps not unprecedented but no walk in the park (or cemetery).
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB