We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Ten x Ten Challenge: Day 2. Swains Lane of Pain Challenge
Swains Lane in Highgate, North London is a narrow road running between the grounds of Highgate Cemetery, the Victorian burial site where Karl Marx rests. It’s not a long climb (840 metres) but is certainly one of the steepest gradients (about 15%) you can find in the capital. Its location beside this Gothic cemetery with its railed walls, creeping ivy and crumbling tombs and the twisting, narrow ascent makes Swains Lane somewhat eerie. This voluptuous and leafy part of London is also rather affluent so, whilst you attempt repeats up Swains Lane, Highgate West Hill or Hillway (known at Rapha as the ‘Faffenberg’), you will see locals roaring past in big black Range Rovers or trying to keep their yapping Chihuahuas on a leash as they carry organic foodstuffs home for brunch. Today myself and Ben Brown successfully did ten repeats of the bugger in just under 45 mins, perhaps not unprecedented but no walk in the park (or cemetery).
- Last Night: http://t.co/K8ZACmUGGK
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX