Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
TDU: Stage Two
Photos: Wade Wallace
Plenty of familiar faces and some fresh ones for ride number two. One rider even joined us from Japan and plans to get his passport stamped on every stage this week. We began with a climb up Greenhill Road, one of Adelaide's most renowned ascents, and then on to Mt. Lofty. Heavy mist rolled in and within minutes the temperature had dropped from 30C to 15C. Fortunately, it wasn’t long before the sun broke through and as we descended through Stirling en route to Mylor, conditions heated up again.
Arriving at Mylor, the group congregated for coffee and baguettes before watching the race loop its way three times through this beautiful country town. Thousands of fans lined the narrow roads to cheer on a solo break by Australia's Will Clarke. A short ride back to Stirling for the hilltop finish saw the crowds rewarded with an Aussie one-two-three, with Clarke holding off the chase all the way to the line. He was followed home by Michael ‘Bling’ Matthews and Simon ‘Gerro’ Gerrans, who took second and third respectively on a day that saw eight Australian riders finish in the top 20.
The highlight of the day was the breathtaking view as we rolled through Allgate Road, one of the most beautiful roads you will ever ride. It was one of several memorable moments on this ride, along with meeting an Imperial Storm Trooper walking across Australia for charity. Oh yes, and riding home with the Liquigas team after the race.
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling