Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
TDU: Stage Two
Photos: Wade Wallace
Plenty of familiar faces and some fresh ones for ride number two. One rider even joined us from Japan and plans to get his passport stamped on every stage this week. We began with a climb up Greenhill Road, one of Adelaide's most renowned ascents, and then on to Mt. Lofty. Heavy mist rolled in and within minutes the temperature had dropped from 30C to 15C. Fortunately, it wasn’t long before the sun broke through and as we descended through Stirling en route to Mylor, conditions heated up again.
Arriving at Mylor, the group congregated for coffee and baguettes before watching the race loop its way three times through this beautiful country town. Thousands of fans lined the narrow roads to cheer on a solo break by Australia's Will Clarke. A short ride back to Stirling for the hilltop finish saw the crowds rewarded with an Aussie one-two-three, with Clarke holding off the chase all the way to the line. He was followed home by Michael ‘Bling’ Matthews and Simon ‘Gerro’ Gerrans, who took second and third respectively on a day that saw eight Australian riders finish in the top 20.
The highlight of the day was the breathtaking view as we rolled through Allgate Road, one of the most beautiful roads you will ever ride. It was one of several memorable moments on this ride, along with meeting an Imperial Storm Trooper walking across Australia for charity. Oh yes, and riding home with the Liquigas team after the race.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…