We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
TDU: Stage Three
After a few days in the hills everyone was looking forward to an easier day along the coast. Following coffee at Red Berry Espresso – and stamping more than 60 Rapha passports – we headed out of the city toward the beach at Glenelg.
What a picture-postcard day it was, with a light coastal breeze keeping us fresh as we rolled from Glenelg to Hallet Cove, thirty-five degrees and bright sunshine. The sparkling blue seas and cloudless skies could have only have been improved even if we'd seen our storm trooper friend from yesterday pull up next to us on a race bike.
Unley was hosting a stage start of the TDU for the eleventh time. There was a festival atmosphere and a chance to get close to the pros, who were very relaxed as they signed autographs and posed for photos with fans. Riding with us today was last year’s world junior individual pursuit champion, Sanghoon Park, from Korea. We hardly stretched his legs but 180km through the hills tomorrow will be a true test for any track rider.
André Greipel came from well back to win Stage Three and now leads overall by eight seconds. Hutarovich is second, with Boasson Hagen third.
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0