We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
TDU: Stage Three
After a few days in the hills everyone was looking forward to an easier day along the coast. Following coffee at Red Berry Espresso – and stamping more than 60 Rapha passports – we headed out of the city toward the beach at Glenelg.
What a picture-postcard day it was, with a light coastal breeze keeping us fresh as we rolled from Glenelg to Hallet Cove, thirty-five degrees and bright sunshine. The sparkling blue seas and cloudless skies could have only have been improved even if we'd seen our storm trooper friend from yesterday pull up next to us on a race bike.
Unley was hosting a stage start of the TDU for the eleventh time. There was a festival atmosphere and a chance to get close to the pros, who were very relaxed as they signed autographs and posed for photos with fans. Riding with us today was last year’s world junior individual pursuit champion, Sanghoon Park, from Korea. We hardly stretched his legs but 180km through the hills tomorrow will be a true test for any track rider.
André Greipel came from well back to win Stage Three and now leads overall by eight seconds. Hutarovich is second, with Boasson Hagen third.
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.