We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
TDU: Stage Three
After a few days in the hills everyone was looking forward to an easier day along the coast. Following coffee at Red Berry Espresso – and stamping more than 60 Rapha passports – we headed out of the city toward the beach at Glenelg.
What a picture-postcard day it was, with a light coastal breeze keeping us fresh as we rolled from Glenelg to Hallet Cove, thirty-five degrees and bright sunshine. The sparkling blue seas and cloudless skies could have only have been improved even if we'd seen our storm trooper friend from yesterday pull up next to us on a race bike.
Unley was hosting a stage start of the TDU for the eleventh time. There was a festival atmosphere and a chance to get close to the pros, who were very relaxed as they signed autographs and posed for photos with fans. Riding with us today was last year’s world junior individual pursuit champion, Sanghoon Park, from Korea. We hardly stretched his legs but 180km through the hills tomorrow will be a true test for any track rider.
André Greipel came from well back to win Stage Three and now leads overall by eight seconds. Hutarovich is second, with Boasson Hagen third.
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O