[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
TDU: Stage One
Yesterday saw a huge turn out for stage one of Rapha's Tour Down Under Passport Rides. More than 60 riders of all ages, from across Australia and New Zealand, rolled out for a day's riding in temperatures forecast to reach 40C.
We started the morning catching up at Red Berry Espresso, before heading up towards Norton Summit. It was a quick ride to the top, with riders keen to flex their muscles in the stifling heat before settling into a steady tempo.
After 1,000m of climbing through Adelaide Hills we wound our way down to the CBD, through the scenery of Gorge Road to catch the start of the Tour Down Under first Stage proper. Andre Greipel, Lotto's gorilla of a sprinter, took the stage win from Lampre’s Alessandro Petacchi in a photo finish. Two from two for Greipel, a rider showing some early season form.
If you couldn't make it, we hope to see you over the next few stages so we can issue you with your very own Rapha Passport. All welcome.
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq