We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
TDU: Stage One
Yesterday saw a huge turn out for stage one of Rapha's Tour Down Under Passport Rides. More than 60 riders of all ages, from across Australia and New Zealand, rolled out for a day's riding in temperatures forecast to reach 40C.
We started the morning catching up at Red Berry Espresso, before heading up towards Norton Summit. It was a quick ride to the top, with riders keen to flex their muscles in the stifling heat before settling into a steady tempo.
After 1,000m of climbing through Adelaide Hills we wound our way down to the CBD, through the scenery of Gorge Road to catch the start of the Tour Down Under first Stage proper. Andre Greipel, Lotto's gorilla of a sprinter, took the stage win from Lampre’s Alessandro Petacchi in a photo finish. Two from two for Greipel, a rider showing some early season form.
If you couldn't make it, we hope to see you over the next few stages so we can issue you with your very own Rapha Passport. All welcome.
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling