[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Cycle Club Sydney Rides
Words and images by Mr. B McBeard
Rides start from the Rapha Cycle Club on Crown Street in Surry Hills, Sydney at 6am on a Wednesday. Plenty of people arrive early to enjoy a quick coffee at the Club before we head off. The normal ride is down to the edge of Botany Bay and back via Maroubra Beach. Last week, there was also an option of a Mystery Hills Ride.
So off we went on the mystery route, dodging potholes and speed bumps down to Rushcutters Bay, on the edge of Sydney Harbour. The route then wound its way through the Eastern suburbs seeking out every pinch climb on offer.
Things got really interesting when we hit the beaches, the bunch suddenly hopping the curb on to a winding little track through a park. The riders ducked and weaved between branches and early morning joggers. After emerging unscathed, we road up past Bronte Beach through a road cut into the sandstone.
Then we turned back towards the city, a smooth, snaking descent beneath giant fig trees bringing the bunch to the edge of Centennial Park. Back on familiar roads, the riders slipped into a well-drilled rhythm, chatting away like old friends. Pulling up at the Cycle Club, coffees were gratefully consumed and gradually people rolled off in their different directions to get ready for the working hours. The perfect start to another beautiful day.
Join us sometime.
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.