We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Super Cross: Windermere results
PHOTOS: Wig Worland
Hope on top in Windermere
Team captain and National Champion Paul Oldham led his Hope Technology team to the win in the opening round of the Rapha Super Cross at a sun-soaked Windermere.
The picturesque backdrop proved a fitting setting and provided a testing course for the eight teams in the big race of the day, the finale of an action-packed day of cyclo-cross.
Oldham powered away in the opening lap to take the prime, only to judder to a halt with a lengthy mechanical soon after, but the backing of team-mates Dave Collins and Dan Booth proved sufficient to hold off the challenge of the Scott trio of Nick Craig, Kenta Gallagher and Luke Grivell-Mellor who finished in close order.
Former National Champion Jody Crawforth (Hargroves) and Lee Williams (Wiggle) slugged it out for the top position before Williams pulled away in the closing stages for a surprise and appreciated individual win from the sizable crowd.
Fourth placed Rob Watson, riding for Rapha / GB Development, took the under-23 prize and wears the competition leader’s jersey going into the second round at Huddersfield on Sunday (16th).
RESULTS - TEAM
1. Hope Technology
2. Scott UK
3. Rapha / GB Development
5. Hargroves / Specialized
7. Sigma Sport / Specialized
1. Lee Williams (Wiggle)
2. Jody Crawforth (Hargroves)
3. Paul Oldham (Hope)
4. Rob Watson (Rapha / GB)
5. Dave Collins (Hope)
6. Dan Booth (Hope)
7. Kenta Gallagher (Scott)
8. Luke Grivell-Mellor (Scott)
9. Nick Craig (Scott)
10. Joe Moses (Rapha / GB)
UNDER 23 – Rob Watson (Rapha / GB)
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…