Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Super Cross: Windermere results
PHOTOS: Wig Worland
Hope on top in Windermere
Team captain and National Champion Paul Oldham led his Hope Technology team to the win in the opening round of the Rapha Super Cross at a sun-soaked Windermere.
The picturesque backdrop proved a fitting setting and provided a testing course for the eight teams in the big race of the day, the finale of an action-packed day of cyclo-cross.
Oldham powered away in the opening lap to take the prime, only to judder to a halt with a lengthy mechanical soon after, but the backing of team-mates Dave Collins and Dan Booth proved sufficient to hold off the challenge of the Scott trio of Nick Craig, Kenta Gallagher and Luke Grivell-Mellor who finished in close order.
Former National Champion Jody Crawforth (Hargroves) and Lee Williams (Wiggle) slugged it out for the top position before Williams pulled away in the closing stages for a surprise and appreciated individual win from the sizable crowd.
Fourth placed Rob Watson, riding for Rapha / GB Development, took the under-23 prize and wears the competition leader’s jersey going into the second round at Huddersfield on Sunday (16th).
RESULTS - TEAM
1. Hope Technology
2. Scott UK
3. Rapha / GB Development
5. Hargroves / Specialized
7. Sigma Sport / Specialized
1. Lee Williams (Wiggle)
2. Jody Crawforth (Hargroves)
3. Paul Oldham (Hope)
4. Rob Watson (Rapha / GB)
5. Dave Collins (Hope)
6. Dan Booth (Hope)
7. Kenta Gallagher (Scott)
8. Luke Grivell-Mellor (Scott)
9. Nick Craig (Scott)
10. Joe Moses (Rapha / GB)
UNDER 23 – Rob Watson (Rapha / GB)
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC