We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Super Cross: Windermere results
PHOTOS: Wig Worland
Hope on top in Windermere
Team captain and National Champion Paul Oldham led his Hope Technology team to the win in the opening round of the Rapha Super Cross at a sun-soaked Windermere.
The picturesque backdrop proved a fitting setting and provided a testing course for the eight teams in the big race of the day, the finale of an action-packed day of cyclo-cross.
Oldham powered away in the opening lap to take the prime, only to judder to a halt with a lengthy mechanical soon after, but the backing of team-mates Dave Collins and Dan Booth proved sufficient to hold off the challenge of the Scott trio of Nick Craig, Kenta Gallagher and Luke Grivell-Mellor who finished in close order.
Former National Champion Jody Crawforth (Hargroves) and Lee Williams (Wiggle) slugged it out for the top position before Williams pulled away in the closing stages for a surprise and appreciated individual win from the sizable crowd.
Fourth placed Rob Watson, riding for Rapha / GB Development, took the under-23 prize and wears the competition leader’s jersey going into the second round at Huddersfield on Sunday (16th).
RESULTS - TEAM
1. Hope Technology
2. Scott UK
3. Rapha / GB Development
5. Hargroves / Specialized
7. Sigma Sport / Specialized
1. Lee Williams (Wiggle)
2. Jody Crawforth (Hargroves)
3. Paul Oldham (Hope)
4. Rob Watson (Rapha / GB)
5. Dave Collins (Hope)
6. Dan Booth (Hope)
7. Kenta Gallagher (Scott)
8. Luke Grivell-Mellor (Scott)
9. Nick Craig (Scott)
10. Joe Moses (Rapha / GB)
UNDER 23 – Rob Watson (Rapha / GB)
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc