We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Super Cross: Hope Again in Huddersfield
PHOTOS: Wig Worland
A very close run and thrilling race in the second round of the Rapha Super Cross at Huddersfield, but Hope Technology, led by National Champion Paul Oldham, again pipped Scott UK to maximum points to keep the leader’s jerseys going into the Series decider at Alexandra Palace in north London next Sunday (October 23).
The individual results saw a fantastic duel between the two pre-race favourites, with Hargroves Cycles's Jody Crawforth outsprinting Oldham on the line in front of more packed crowds on another sunny day up north.
Crawforth’s team-mate Steve James won the under-23 prize with third spot, giving Hargroves a good start in the team competition, but with a third-counting rider failing to appear high in the results, it was the consistency of Hope that won out.
Nick Craig, meanwhile, again played his team captain’s role, sticking
with Scott Uk’s Luke Grivell-Mellor to put the youngster into lead in
the overall under-23 competition.
Rapha’s team of young Great Britain under-23 riders rode another solid race to maintain their third position.
Nearly 350 riders, from four-year-olds to professionals, took part in
the day of racing, with guest of honour and Tour de France pioneer Brian Robinson presenting prizes and the Marsden Brass Band providing the music.
1. Jody Crawforth (Hargroves-Specialized-Trant-Next)
2. Paul Oldham (Hope Technology)
3. Steve James (Hargroves-Specialized-Trant-Next)
4. Lee Williams (Wiggle)
5. Stephen Adams (Sigma Sport-Specialized)
6. Luke Grivell-Mellor (Scott UK)
7. Nick Craig (Scott UK)
8. Paul Collins (Hope Technology)
9. Seb Batchelor (Wiggle)
10. Kenta Gallagher (Scott UK)
TEAM – ROUND TWO
2. Scott UK
5. Rapha / GB
6. Sigma Sport
UNDER 23 – Steve James (Hargroves)
TEAM – OVERALL AFTER TWO ROUNDS
1. Hope 20pts
2. Scott UK 18pts
3. Rapha / GB 14pts
4. Wiggle 14pts
5. Hargroves 14pts
6. Sigma Sport 10pts
7. Charge 8pts
UNDER 23 – Luke Grivell Mellor (Scott UK)
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG
- Sunday morning race day, church car park scene. @anpostras #ras2013 http://t.co/2E1UlfAxhe
- Will all these numbers be able to wear the coveted t-shirt in one weeks time? #menoftheras #ras2013 http://t.co/ai1oqnDIyh
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU