[ locale string ]
Super Cross: Hope Again in Huddersfield
PHOTOS: Wig Worland
A very close run and thrilling race in the second round of the Rapha Super Cross at Huddersfield, but Hope Technology, led by National Champion Paul Oldham, again pipped Scott UK to maximum points to keep the leader’s jerseys going into the Series decider at Alexandra Palace in north London next Sunday (October 23).
The individual results saw a fantastic duel between the two pre-race favourites, with Hargroves Cycles's Jody Crawforth outsprinting Oldham on the line in front of more packed crowds on another sunny day up north.
Crawforth’s team-mate Steve James won the under-23 prize with third spot, giving Hargroves a good start in the team competition, but with a third-counting rider failing to appear high in the results, it was the consistency of Hope that won out.
Nick Craig, meanwhile, again played his team captain’s role, sticking
with Scott Uk’s Luke Grivell-Mellor to put the youngster into lead in
the overall under-23 competition.
Rapha’s team of young Great Britain under-23 riders rode another solid race to maintain their third position.
Nearly 350 riders, from four-year-olds to professionals, took part in
the day of racing, with guest of honour and Tour de France pioneer Brian Robinson presenting prizes and the Marsden Brass Band providing the music.
1. Jody Crawforth (Hargroves-Specialized-Trant-Next)
2. Paul Oldham (Hope Technology)
3. Steve James (Hargroves-Specialized-Trant-Next)
4. Lee Williams (Wiggle)
5. Stephen Adams (Sigma Sport-Specialized)
6. Luke Grivell-Mellor (Scott UK)
7. Nick Craig (Scott UK)
8. Paul Collins (Hope Technology)
9. Seb Batchelor (Wiggle)
10. Kenta Gallagher (Scott UK)
TEAM – ROUND TWO
2. Scott UK
5. Rapha / GB
6. Sigma Sport
UNDER 23 – Steve James (Hargroves)
TEAM – OVERALL AFTER TWO ROUNDS
1. Hope 20pts
2. Scott UK 18pts
3. Rapha / GB 14pts
4. Wiggle 14pts
5. Hargroves 14pts
6. Sigma Sport 10pts
7. Charge 8pts
UNDER 23 – Luke Grivell Mellor (Scott UK)
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb