We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Super Cross: Hope Again in Huddersfield
PHOTOS: Wig Worland
A very close run and thrilling race in the second round of the Rapha Super Cross at Huddersfield, but Hope Technology, led by National Champion Paul Oldham, again pipped Scott UK to maximum points to keep the leader’s jerseys going into the Series decider at Alexandra Palace in north London next Sunday (October 23).
The individual results saw a fantastic duel between the two pre-race favourites, with Hargroves Cycles's Jody Crawforth outsprinting Oldham on the line in front of more packed crowds on another sunny day up north.
Crawforth’s team-mate Steve James won the under-23 prize with third spot, giving Hargroves a good start in the team competition, but with a third-counting rider failing to appear high in the results, it was the consistency of Hope that won out.
Nick Craig, meanwhile, again played his team captain’s role, sticking
with Scott Uk’s Luke Grivell-Mellor to put the youngster into lead in
the overall under-23 competition.
Rapha’s team of young Great Britain under-23 riders rode another solid race to maintain their third position.
Nearly 350 riders, from four-year-olds to professionals, took part in
the day of racing, with guest of honour and Tour de France pioneer Brian Robinson presenting prizes and the Marsden Brass Band providing the music.
1. Jody Crawforth (Hargroves-Specialized-Trant-Next)
2. Paul Oldham (Hope Technology)
3. Steve James (Hargroves-Specialized-Trant-Next)
4. Lee Williams (Wiggle)
5. Stephen Adams (Sigma Sport-Specialized)
6. Luke Grivell-Mellor (Scott UK)
7. Nick Craig (Scott UK)
8. Paul Collins (Hope Technology)
9. Seb Batchelor (Wiggle)
10. Kenta Gallagher (Scott UK)
TEAM – ROUND TWO
2. Scott UK
5. Rapha / GB
6. Sigma Sport
UNDER 23 – Steve James (Hargroves)
TEAM – OVERALL AFTER TWO ROUNDS
1. Hope 20pts
2. Scott UK 18pts
3. Rapha / GB 14pts
4. Wiggle 14pts
5. Hargroves 14pts
6. Sigma Sport 10pts
7. Charge 8pts
UNDER 23 – Luke Grivell Mellor (Scott UK)
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…