Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Super Cross 2012: Round Two
Photos by Wig Worland
It was neck-and-neck all the way in the second round of Rapha Super Cross as the leading elite teams of Hope Factory Racing and Hargroves-Specialized slugged it out in the wonderful surroundings of Misterton Hall, Lutterworth.
But it was the Hope guys who came out on top, courtesy of Paul Oldham’s victory, backed by Dave Collins and Daniel Booth. To the usual Super Cross accompaniment of cowbells, oompah band, Belgian beer and frites, the big crowd lapped up the day’s entertainment in dry and sunny conditions.
With two laps remaining, Hargroves appeared to have the upper hand, Jody Crawforth sitting comfortably on Oldham’s wheel and the more likely to win the sprint, but a mechanical took the former national champion out of contention, leaving the other former champ time to finish with arms aloft.
Reigning Rapha Super Cross team Hope now take a two-point lead into Sunday’s finale at Alexandra Palace and look set to take the series barring disaster, but this being cyclo-cross, anything could happen.
A special team of the day award went to ROTWILD-Forme Coaching with a dramatic improvement on last week’s performance at Broughton to clinch third spot, while Endura’s Jake Womersley took the Rouleur Magazine £50 prime. Hargroves’ Steve James won the under-23 category for the second week running.
Runner-up at Broughton Hall, Delia Beddis (ViCiOUS Velo), went one better to take the women’s prize at Misterton. The fun racers at the close of the race programme coped admirably with a tequila shortcut and wall of foam following a Le Mans-style start.
The Rapha Super Cross Series concludes with the grand finale at Alexandra Palace, London, on Sunday October 28th, with more beer, frites, crepes, cowbells and top-class racing for all on the menu.
Rapha Super Cross round 2 – Misterton
1. Hope Factory Racing
2. Hargroves Cycles-Specialized
3. ROTWILD-Forme Coaching
4. Cycle Premier-Kovert
5. Rapha-GB Development Squad
6. Dirtwheels Cycles
7. Endura Racing
8. Charge Bikes
1. Paul Oldham (Hope Factory Racing)
2. Steve James (Hargroves Cycles-Specialized)
3. Jody Crawforth (Hargroves Cycles-Specialized)
Overall Team Standings
1. Hope Factory Racing – 20pts
2. Hargroves Cycles-Specialized – 18pts
3. Rapha-GB Development – 14pts
4. ROTWILD-Forme Coaching – 13pts
5. Cycle Premier-Kovert – 13pts
6. Endura Racing – 11pts
7. Dirtwheels Cycles – 9pts
8. Charge Bikes – 6pts
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.