Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
Super Cross 2012: Round One
Photos: Wig Worland
Defending champions and local boys Hope, based in nearby Barnoldswick, carried on where they left off last year with a convincing win in the opening round of Rapha Super Cross held in the majestic surroundings of Broughton Hall, Skipton.
A large and enthusiastic Yorkshire crowd cheered on over 400 competitors, with races ranging from the under 10’s through to the elites, followed by a ‘fun race’ featuring a tequila shortcut and devilishly slippery wall of foam.
The elite race proved to be a close fought battle, with Hope, Hargroves and the Rapha/GB Development squad all having two riders in the top seven places.
But it was the third counting man that made the difference for the winners, with Hope’s Dave Collins securing 12th spot to finish ahead of Hargroves, then Rapha.
Dirtwheels Cycles, from nearby Otley, were awarded a special Showboating team prize, mainly based on the fantastic bunny hopping skills of Rob Watson, who kept the crowd entertained by clearing the planks every lap.
Rapha Super Cross moves to the East Midlands next Saturday (October 27th), with another full day of racing, tequila, foam, beer and crepes, at Misterton Hall, Lutterworth. Entries are still available at www.rapha.cc/super-cross.
The season grand finale is at Alexandra Palace, London, on Sunday October 28th and spectating at both events is absolutely free. Full results from all races at Broughton can be found at www.rapha.cc/super-cross-results
Team: Hope Factory Racing
1. Paul Oldham (Hope Factory Racing)
2. Jody Crawforth (Hargroves-Specialized)
3. Steve James (Hargroves-Specialized)
4. Adam Martin (Rapha/GB Development)
5. Rob Jebb (Hope Factory Racing)
6. Hugo Robinson (Rapha/GB Development)
7. Ben Sumner (Rapha/GB Development)
8. Ian Wilkinson (Endura Racing)
9. Dieter Droger (Dirtwheels Cycles)
10. Will Bergfelt ((Cycle Premier-Kovert
Under 23: Steve James (Hargroves-Specialized)
Showboating Team of the Day: Dirtwheels Cycles
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries