Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Super Cross 2012: Round One
Photos: Wig Worland
Defending champions and local boys Hope, based in nearby Barnoldswick, carried on where they left off last year with a convincing win in the opening round of Rapha Super Cross held in the majestic surroundings of Broughton Hall, Skipton.
A large and enthusiastic Yorkshire crowd cheered on over 400 competitors, with races ranging from the under 10’s through to the elites, followed by a ‘fun race’ featuring a tequila shortcut and devilishly slippery wall of foam.
The elite race proved to be a close fought battle, with Hope, Hargroves and the Rapha/GB Development squad all having two riders in the top seven places.
But it was the third counting man that made the difference for the winners, with Hope’s Dave Collins securing 12th spot to finish ahead of Hargroves, then Rapha.
Dirtwheels Cycles, from nearby Otley, were awarded a special Showboating team prize, mainly based on the fantastic bunny hopping skills of Rob Watson, who kept the crowd entertained by clearing the planks every lap.
Rapha Super Cross moves to the East Midlands next Saturday (October 27th), with another full day of racing, tequila, foam, beer and crepes, at Misterton Hall, Lutterworth. Entries are still available at www.rapha.cc/super-cross.
The season grand finale is at Alexandra Palace, London, on Sunday October 28th and spectating at both events is absolutely free. Full results from all races at Broughton can be found at www.rapha.cc/super-cross-results
Team: Hope Factory Racing
1. Paul Oldham (Hope Factory Racing)
2. Jody Crawforth (Hargroves-Specialized)
3. Steve James (Hargroves-Specialized)
4. Adam Martin (Rapha/GB Development)
5. Rob Jebb (Hope Factory Racing)
6. Hugo Robinson (Rapha/GB Development)
7. Ben Sumner (Rapha/GB Development)
8. Ian Wilkinson (Endura Racing)
9. Dieter Droger (Dirtwheels Cycles)
10. Will Bergfelt ((Cycle Premier-Kovert
Under 23: Steve James (Hargroves-Specialized)
Showboating Team of the Day: Dirtwheels Cycles
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: Analog to digital conversion. #oneoftheseplease #Festive500 http://t.co/f2rQd3Lv6g
- RT @roadcc: Rapha Alpe d’Quiz starts today with prizes to be won @rapharacing #cycling | road.cc http://t.co/tTdEEWjf8k
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: LDN: great to have @DanMartin86 as guest barista in the club this afternoon. http://t.co/IeCC0HKuKr
- Part Two from @RigoZimmerman's series, ‘The Winter’ is now available to read → http://t.co/GIl5Kj9Sfy • Part One → http://t.co/8IclbHCHcc
- As teased at the weekend, Rapha is pleased to welcome the return of Alpe d’Quiz, three weeks of… http://t.co/od3pWXomm9
- The 2013 edition of Alpe d’Quiz is now underway. For a chance to win a Rapha Backpack + Rain Cover, enter here → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Inspired by the 21 bends of Alpe d'Huez, we bring back Alpe d’Quiz with a Rapha prize to be won each day. Enter now → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @joneaves No problem Jon, we do our best. Thanks for the feedback.
- Our very own "Super-knecht" @grutte_bear leaves us today to return to his homeland of Holland. So, we… http://t.co/sSULSkWcRw
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: The new @rapharacing Cross Transfer Jacket has great details. Which is why we’ll take #oneoftheseplease http://t.…