Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Super Cross 2012: Round One
Photos: Wig Worland
Defending champions and local boys Hope, based in nearby Barnoldswick, carried on where they left off last year with a convincing win in the opening round of Rapha Super Cross held in the majestic surroundings of Broughton Hall, Skipton.
A large and enthusiastic Yorkshire crowd cheered on over 400 competitors, with races ranging from the under 10’s through to the elites, followed by a ‘fun race’ featuring a tequila shortcut and devilishly slippery wall of foam.
The elite race proved to be a close fought battle, with Hope, Hargroves and the Rapha/GB Development squad all having two riders in the top seven places.
But it was the third counting man that made the difference for the winners, with Hope’s Dave Collins securing 12th spot to finish ahead of Hargroves, then Rapha.
Dirtwheels Cycles, from nearby Otley, were awarded a special Showboating team prize, mainly based on the fantastic bunny hopping skills of Rob Watson, who kept the crowd entertained by clearing the planks every lap.
Rapha Super Cross moves to the East Midlands next Saturday (October 27th), with another full day of racing, tequila, foam, beer and crepes, at Misterton Hall, Lutterworth. Entries are still available at www.rapha.cc/super-cross.
The season grand finale is at Alexandra Palace, London, on Sunday October 28th and spectating at both events is absolutely free. Full results from all races at Broughton can be found at www.rapha.cc/super-cross-results
Team: Hope Factory Racing
1. Paul Oldham (Hope Factory Racing)
2. Jody Crawforth (Hargroves-Specialized)
3. Steve James (Hargroves-Specialized)
4. Adam Martin (Rapha/GB Development)
5. Rob Jebb (Hope Factory Racing)
6. Hugo Robinson (Rapha/GB Development)
7. Ben Sumner (Rapha/GB Development)
8. Ian Wilkinson (Endura Racing)
9. Dieter Droger (Dirtwheels Cycles)
10. Will Bergfelt ((Cycle Premier-Kovert
Under 23: Steve James (Hargroves-Specialized)
Showboating Team of the Day: Dirtwheels Cycles
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/TfWWoTG1ge
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…