We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Super Cross 2012: Round One
Photos: Wig Worland
Defending champions and local boys Hope, based in nearby Barnoldswick, carried on where they left off last year with a convincing win in the opening round of Rapha Super Cross held in the majestic surroundings of Broughton Hall, Skipton.
A large and enthusiastic Yorkshire crowd cheered on over 400 competitors, with races ranging from the under 10’s through to the elites, followed by a ‘fun race’ featuring a tequila shortcut and devilishly slippery wall of foam.
The elite race proved to be a close fought battle, with Hope, Hargroves and the Rapha/GB Development squad all having two riders in the top seven places.
But it was the third counting man that made the difference for the winners, with Hope’s Dave Collins securing 12th spot to finish ahead of Hargroves, then Rapha.
Dirtwheels Cycles, from nearby Otley, were awarded a special Showboating team prize, mainly based on the fantastic bunny hopping skills of Rob Watson, who kept the crowd entertained by clearing the planks every lap.
Rapha Super Cross moves to the East Midlands next Saturday (October 27th), with another full day of racing, tequila, foam, beer and crepes, at Misterton Hall, Lutterworth. Entries are still available at www.rapha.cc/super-cross.
The season grand finale is at Alexandra Palace, London, on Sunday October 28th and spectating at both events is absolutely free. Full results from all races at Broughton can be found at www.rapha.cc/super-cross-results
Team: Hope Factory Racing
1. Paul Oldham (Hope Factory Racing)
2. Jody Crawforth (Hargroves-Specialized)
3. Steve James (Hargroves-Specialized)
4. Adam Martin (Rapha/GB Development)
5. Rob Jebb (Hope Factory Racing)
6. Hugo Robinson (Rapha/GB Development)
7. Ben Sumner (Rapha/GB Development)
8. Ian Wilkinson (Endura Racing)
9. Dieter Droger (Dirtwheels Cycles)
10. Will Bergfelt ((Cycle Premier-Kovert
Under 23: Steve James (Hargroves-Specialized)
Showboating Team of the Day: Dirtwheels Cycles
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb