We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
State College, PA
Known as a great college town, the team was looking forward to a night out before the ride at State College. Arriving early enough to shake the travel from their legs, a few of the guys went out for a quick spin. Jeremy and Steve spent more time applying embrocation for their ride through campus than actually riding. Ben and Dave C. (Rapha filmmaker) went in a different direction and while returning from their ride Dave was suddenly hit by a woman making a quick left turn. Dave's bike wedged into her broken windshield and Dave was strewn over her hood. It didn't look good. Luckily, amazingly, Ben had avoided her car, so he was able to help look after Dave as the police and ambulance arrived. After a thorough inspection at Penn State's Medical School emergency room, Dave was discharged, bruised, scraped and torn but somehow not broken. His bike however, was finished.
Still, when the alarm sounded next morning for the ride, Dave was up before most, hobbling around with the camera to capture the day's events. Which included our fresh-legged friends from Emmaus— Dave L'Heureux, Mike Cushionberry and Selene Yeager of Bicycling Magazine.
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries