We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Stage 3: Wanze – Arenberg
Wanze – Arenberg Porte du Hainaut
“My Tour has been finished by bad luck. I’ve worked a year preparing for this race.”
Just two miles of cobbles in 2004 proved enough to ruin Iban Mayo’s race, along with Christophe Moreau and, predictably, the crash-prone Denis Menchov.
Today the peloton covers 13.2km of the rough stuff before reaching the finish in Arenberg – although they avoid the famous Arenberg trench, sadly. Throw some rain in the mix and we could see conditions like Paris-Roubaix 2002, where Hincapie flounders and Museeuw powers on alone.
Brought to you by Rouleur , purveyors of fine cycling journalism.
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP
- RT @racefietsblog: Leuk, de Alpe d' Quiz van @RaphaRacing is begonnen! 3 weken elke dag een andere prijs http://t.co/QiWhfY8hXy @rapha_euro…
- The @rapharacing #festive500 is back. Once again we challenge riders worldwide to clock 500km between 24-31 Dec. → http://t.co/HmgDlUJTiI
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: Analog to digital conversion. #oneoftheseplease #Festive500 http://t.co/f2rQd3Lv6g