We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Stage 3: Wanze – Arenberg
Wanze – Arenberg Porte du Hainaut
“My Tour has been finished by bad luck. I’ve worked a year preparing for this race.”
Just two miles of cobbles in 2004 proved enough to ruin Iban Mayo’s race, along with Christophe Moreau and, predictably, the crash-prone Denis Menchov.
Today the peloton covers 13.2km of the rough stuff before reaching the finish in Arenberg – although they avoid the famous Arenberg trench, sadly. Throw some rain in the mix and we could see conditions like Paris-Roubaix 2002, where Hincapie flounders and Museeuw powers on alone.
Brought to you by Rouleur , purveyors of fine cycling journalism.
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!