We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Stage 3: Wanze – Arenberg
Wanze – Arenberg Porte du Hainaut
“My Tour has been finished by bad luck. I’ve worked a year preparing for this race.”
Just two miles of cobbles in 2004 proved enough to ruin Iban Mayo’s race, along with Christophe Moreau and, predictably, the crash-prone Denis Menchov.
Today the peloton covers 13.2km of the rough stuff before reaching the finish in Arenberg – although they avoid the famous Arenberg trench, sadly. Throw some rain in the mix and we could see conditions like Paris-Roubaix 2002, where Hincapie flounders and Museeuw powers on alone.
Brought to you by Rouleur , purveyors of fine cycling journalism.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG
- Sunday morning race day, church car park scene. @anpostras #ras2013 http://t.co/2E1UlfAxhe
- Will all these numbers be able to wear the coveted t-shirt in one weeks time? #menoftheras #ras2013 http://t.co/ai1oqnDIyh
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.